The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides funding for all Australians with disabilities. This funding provides supports to enable people living with disabilities to achieve their social, recreational or work goals. We provide psychological counselling for people of all ages to help achieve them achieve their specific chosen goals.
Psychological counselling goals can vary from person to person. Psychologists help people to learn psychological and social skills, as well as build confidence and self belief, using psychological strategies.
The following examples are not exhaustive, but may provide some ideas of how we help people.
- Developing the confidence to join and participate in social or other groups
- Learn specific psychological or social skills to engage in specific settings
- To make healthier food choices, and feel motivated to exercise/ join a sporting team
- Motivational interviewing strategies to change habits (e.g. smoking, eating, exercise, use of drugs or alcohol, eating to excess).
- Social skills training to help people learn how to interact in a socially acceptable manner (social boundaries, social cues)
- Independent living skills like being able to complete a shopping excursion
We also provide Positive Behaviour Support Assessments, which help identify behavioural issues, and how behavioural change can be realised for specific individuals.
** Please note that we are also able to provide psychological treatment for a range of issues with a Medicare or Private Health Fund rebate, however, NDIS is not treatment focussed.
We also provide other allied health services such as our Dietitian who can help with:
- Diabetes, High Cholesterol and blood pressure, Obesity and Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Meal preparation, modification and planning
- Renal and liver nutrition
- Lifestyle and behavioural modification and support
Please contact us for information on the steps involved in proceeding.
Generally you will need an approved plan in place with the NDIS confirming you have been approved for funding.
We are able to provide appointments usually within one week of you calling.